[Mailman-Users] Links to next item in Mailman pending requests list

John Van Essen vanes002 at UMN.EDU
Fri May 3 07:58:29 CEST 2002

Tending to pending requests for posts that were deferred has gotten to
be a big hassle with dozens and sometimes hundreds of virus-generated
messages getting caught by my expanding list of header value checks.

I made two simple changes to add a "Next Item" hyperlink next to the
Discard button and to add a name anchor at the end of that item.
Clicking on the Next Item link advances to the next item (well,
actually to the *end* of the current item).

The beauty of this is that the Discard button and the Next Item link
maintain their relative positions on each item.  I'm throwing away
99 out of 100 pending posts, and now there's only a little mouse
movement required to travel down the list, discarding as I go.

Here are the changes (with come context) to PrintPostRequest in admindb.py:

1) Added link next to discard button:

    buttons.AddRow([Center(RadioButton(id, mm_cfg.DEFER, 1)),
                    Center(RadioButton(id, mm_cfg.APPROVE, 0)),
                    Center(RadioButton(id, mm_cfg.REJECT, 0)),
                    Center(RadioButton(id, mm_cfg.DISCARD, 0)),
                    Link('#Item%03d' % (count+1), 'Next Item'),
                    ])

2) Added target tag at the end:

    form.AddItem(t)
    form.AddItem('<p>')
    form.AddItem('\n<a name="Item%03d">\n' % (count+1))

I hope you find this useful and will incorporate it into Mailman.
--
        John Van Essen  Univ of MN Alumnus  <vanes002 at umn.edu>
        3DGamers  Systems Software Support  <jve at 3dgamers.com>