[Mailman-Users] Mailman Aliases File?

Joern Nettingsmeier nettings at folkwang-hochschule.de
Fri May 3 17:37:44 CEST 2002

jimhale at semo.net wrote:

> Howdy!
>
> Been working since yesterday to get a PostFix/QPopper/Mailman configuration
> installed and think that I'm JUST about there. Problem is when I send a message
> to test at halemail.dyndns.org or test-request at halemail.dyndns.org or any other
> address related to the list, my email server says that the address does not
> exist.
>
> Someone was kind enough (in the RH mailing list) to mention something about
> setting up aliases and then rebuilding the Alias table for postfix.

please be very sure that
(1) you actually want to run mailing lists from a machine with a
dynamic ip address
(2) your dyndns provider handles MX records.

concerning (1), i think you really don't. most responsible mail
relays will drop your messages, since it comes from a dial-up ip
(think spam), so few users will be able to read your messages.
as to (2), afaik dyndns don't do that by default.

--
Watch out where the huskies go and don't you eat
the yellow snow !