[Mailman-Users] Sendmail Performance with mailman

Bueschel, Eric W RWBAHC DIN-PACS Eric.Bueschel at CEN.AMEDD.ARMY.MIL
Fri May 3 16:30:55 CEST 2002

I have had an ongoing problem with qrunner being extremely slow, so I tried
some of the suggestions in the faq.
I made the following changes:

I added the followind to my sendmail startup....
	/usr/sbin/sendmail -bd -ODeliveryMode=defer \
               -ODaemonPortOptions=Name=MSA,Port=1313,M=E,Addr=127.0.0.1

I now have sendmail running on two ports, 25 and 1313.  Was this correct?

In addition I added
	SMTPPORT = 1313
to my mm_cfg.py file.

My first question is, I can find no mention anywhere in the doc where it
says I need to recompile or do something else to have mailman read the
changed in mm_cfg.py, is this correct?  Do these changes just take effect by
adding them to that file?  Next, how do I verify this is working?  I can
telnet into both ports and they respond as expected.  Unfortunately I am now
getting a lot of messages queued up by sendmail, and I am getting a lot of
entries in the mailman smtp-failure log.

Eric