[Mailman-Users] confirmation bounces go to wrong admin

Steve McGhee stevem at lmri.ucsb.edu
Thu May 2 17:56:22 CEST 2002

hello,

 i host about 30 mailing lists (about 4000 subscribers). its been
running
great for the last 3 or so years. currently i am running mailman-2.0.5
on
freebsd 4.5-STABLE.

so at the beginning of every month, all the admins have to sift through
reject messages from people who are still subscribed but are over
quota, etc.  on my system there are several admins who admin more than
one list, so they tend to get a lot of these.

the problem:
one (only one) admin sends me bounces she recieves that are destined for
the admin of other lists. let me clarify with an example:

- she admins naccs-east at lmri.ucsb.edu
- she gets all sorts of reject messages for naccs-east at lmri.ucsb.edu
(normal)
- she gets a reject message for mujer_l at lmri.ucsb.edu (a list that she
  has no affiliation to) like this (username changed for anonymity):

(note the To: address at the top of the email and the listname at the
bottom, why dont they match?)