[Mailman-Users] Mailman FAQ Wizard

Mike Noyes mhnoyes at users.sourceforge.net
Thu May 2 16:15:50 CEST 2002

On Wed, 2002-05-01 at 21:14, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:

>     MN> I noticed that most of the answers in the Mailman FAQ wizard
>     MN> [1] assume that you have site admin access. Many of us are
>     MN> only list managers.  Solutions to problems that work for site
>     MN> admins may not work for list managers.
>
> The section on "List Administrators" is definitely intended to address
> questions or problems for those who administer lists without shell
> access.  The fact that so many issues do require shell access is, IMO,
> due to a deficiency in Mailman, something I hope that MM2.1 will go a
> long way towards improving.
>
>     MN> Is there a preferred way to modify the FAQ Wizard for answers
>     MN> to list manager questions? Specifically for list managers
>     MN> without site admin access.
>
>     MN> [1] http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py
>
> Also note that the FAQ wizard is specifically intended to be community
> supported.  It is maintained through an honor system, and the password
> is "Mailman".  Feel free to make updates!

Barry,
Thank you for the information. I added a new FAQ [1] specific to List
Managers.

OT: Will Mailman 2.1 recognize the (?!...) Python negative lookahead
assertion in "Hold posts with header value matching a specified
regexp."?

[1] http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq03.010.htp

http://sourceforge.net/users/mhnoyes/
http://leaf-project.org/