[Mailman-Users] Another mailman bug

Ron Jarrell jarrell at vt.edu
Sat Mar 30 05:19:11 CET 2002

At 03:43 PM 3/28/02 +0000, Russell King wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I've just been through my mailman lists handling the held postings, and I
>notice that mailman is playing silly buggers with the web interface.
>Please see:
>
>     http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/images/mailmangroupings.jpg

What's the issue?  The funny characters in subject?  That message
claims to be in the ks_c_5601_1987 character set, which is probably
an oriental set.  It's not displaying right in 7bit ascii.  2.1 would
probably handle it much better, unless the html the person was sending you
claiming
one charset and using another.

The dev team has been slow about dealing with 2.0 issues because all
the energy is going to 2.1 right now, which is in beta.