[Mailman-Users] Re: how to remove List-* headers

Tom Neff tneff at bigfoot.com
Sat Mar 30 04:36:45 CET 2002

--On Friday, March 29, 2002 9:30 PM -0500 Ron Jarrell <jarrell at vt.edu>
wrote:
> In 2.1 you can go into mm_cfg.py and break RFC2369 compliance by setting
> ALLOW_RFC2369_OVERRIDES to 1.   That'll enable a policy at your site that
> list owners can turn it off, which will cause the cgi scripts to display
> that as an option for them.

Quite the contrary, RFC2369 says

	Implementing these fields will be optional.

Therefore, by adding a manager's option for those headers instead of trying
to force them on everyone, Mailman 2.1 has finally been brought into
RFC2369 compliance.  Thanks for the reminder on this environment variable,
I hadn't reviewed that part of the 2.1 config yet.  My patch works under
2.0.8 and similar versions.