[Mailman-Users] mailman suddenly eats mails

Alexander Bochmann bochmann at FreiNet.de
Mon Mar 25 15:51:59 CET 2002

Hi,

we have here a mailman installation that used to work
without problems, but since a few days, it doesn't
deliver any mails. Also, there are no error messages
whatsoever in mailman's log files, so I don't have the
slightest idea what could be wrong (I'm not the only
admin on that machine, so maybe someone has changed
something, but no one would admit to it).

All I can see is that the mail is piped into the mailman
wrapper, and absolutely nothing happens after that - nothing
in the mailman logs, and nothing anywhere else:

Mar 25 15:12:40 mailman sendmail[19315]: PAA19314: to="|/data/mailman/mail/wrapper post test2", delay=00:00:01, xdelay=00:00:00, mailer=prog, stat=Sent

Mailman _can_ send mails, though - when I subscribe a
user via the web interface, he gets the confirmation
message.

How can I do some debugging on the mailman setup to
possibly find out where the mails end up?

System is a Debian Linux with sendmail 8.9.3,
python 2.1.1 and mailman 2.0.8

Alex.