[Mailman-Users] Announce only lists

Paul Croft paul at paulsfunhouse.com
Sat Mar 23 21:19:57 CET 2002

AMEN...I have been on the net since about 1990 and I think I have a pretty
good handle on things too...but I don't know how many people just cannot
figure out how to get off the darn lists...even with the simple
instructions of YahooGroups and Topica...I still had problems...now I have
moved to Mailman and all heck breaks loose!

A reply to unsubscribe function would be great as long as a confirmation
was included...even better would be a direct unsubscribe and/or no mail
command:

listname-nomail at domain.com

My lists are announce only too (humour ezines) and I find that 90% of my
admin time is spent getting people to figure out how to unsubscribe...so
much so that I took that function away from them completely and have set up
my own handy-dandy unsubscribe page...I handle all the no mail and unsub
requests currently...but it is a chore that I would love if Mailman could
take it over.

Don't get me wrong...I love Mailman and find hosting my own lists (finally)
a great experience....BUT I would just like to make it a little easier for
everyone!

Paul