[Mailman-Users] problem accessing mailman over ssh port tunnel

Jessica Koeppel jessica at anticlockwise.com
Fri Mar 22 08:20:17 CET 2002

This might be more of an apache configuration thing, but
I'm not sure. It actually feels a bit more like a mailman thing.

I have mailman installed on machine "mail2.foo.com".
There's an alias for the machine, "lists.foo.com".

I have apache configured so that when you come in to
the server with http://lists.foo.com, you get
the /mailman/listinfo page.

>From home, I then set up an ssh tunnel like this -L 8080:lists.foo.com:80

If I go to http://localhost:8080/mailman/admin I see what
I expect to - I get the list of lists, the regular administrative
interface page I expect.

or if I just go to http://localhost:8080

I get a very default mailman listinfo page with no publicly-advertised
lists "on localhost:8080".

How is it that the admin page is working right but the listinfo
page isn't?

Anyone know the answer to this? I'll keep looking into it and will
let you know if I figure it out first, but I figured I'd ask here
in case anyone happens to know.

Thanks,

--jessica