[Mailman-Users] Help

Frank Thommen thommen at inf.ethz.ch
Tue Mar 19 10:38:35 CET 2002

Hi,

> Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; Command died with status 2:
>    "/var/mailman/mail/wrapper mailcmd test". Command output: Failure to
> exec
>    script. WANTED gid 12, GOT gid 99.  (Reconfigure to take 99?)

You probaly run into the following error described in the 'README.INSTALL'
of Mailman:

Problem:  I send mail to the list, and get back mail saying,
          "unknown mailer error".

Solution: The likely problem is that you are using the wrong GID or
          UID for mail.  Check your syslog.  If you see, for
          example, a line like:

          Attempt to exec script with invalid gid 51, expected 99

          You need to reinstall Mailman, and specify $MAIL_GID to
          be 51, as described in the installation
          instructions. see notes on Postfix below, as by default
          it will create these problems on installation.

frank

Frank Thommen, Informatik Support Gruppe, D-INFK, ETH Zuerich
E-Mail: thommen at inf.ethz.ch; Tel: +41-1-63 27208 (Mo-Do)
Web: http://www.isg.inf.ethz.ch