[Mailman-Users] admindb approvals by e-mail/virus check moderating/name records

E Howard e.howard at mra.org.uk
Mon Mar 18 12:40:12 CET 2002

Re: Mailman-Users digest, Vol 1 #1843 - 11 msgs

I sent the following to mailman-users at python.org but nobody commented   :-)

I am new to Mailman, which I like on the whole, having used Majordomo, and
have been reading this mailing list (as a digest), which is really useful
(but see 3) thank you.

1. I would like e-mail commands to do my admindb approvals. Is there any
way? (not the user requests, I know about that).

2. In a moderated list posting, how can I tell if the messages (perhaps
with an attachment or embedded content) is virus free? The only way I can
think of is to have each message sent to my address for checking when it
arrives at the mailing list server, which does not check for viruses.

3. Our private list members are people we know and converting from
Majordomo to Mailman 2.0.8 I have to keep a separate record of the name and
e-mail. Any workarounds to capture this info?

I am told version 2.1 is addressing this but I wonder how long will I have
to wait for that?

Edward Howard