[Mailman-Users] replace text throughout archives

Alex alex at damngeek.com
Mon Mar 18 19:00:24 CET 2002

What is the easiest way to replace words in the archives? I have to
replace a company name on someone's signature, so that his personal views
won't have any reflection on the company.

I only know of sed s/original/replacement/g file > newfile  that will do
such things... but i really need to know which files to do? as there are a
slew of html files in each monthes directory... but a single text file in
the lists main directory for each month...

also.. would any of the crons need to be forced to run early? would
anything else change? as i do not really want to destroy the archive..

any help would be appreciated.