[Mailman-Users] removing bounced users

Mark T. Valites valites at geneseo.edu
Mon Mar 18 17:22:52 CET 2002

Old accounts were recently removed from our email server here, and so some
of our local lists have accrued quite a few numbers of members whose
addresses have bounced.  I'm looking for a way to remove
these members from a select list or two.

I noticed that if I dumpdb $listname/config.db, the users who are listed
on the membership management webpage all show up with "9" after their
address in the user_options section of the dump.  I also noticed that
some showed up in the bounce_info section.  The two listings appear to
match from the brief look I have taken.  I'm curious as to what the "9"
means in the user_options section, and what the info in the bounce
section means.  An entry from the bounce section looks like this:

'email_addr at someplace.com': [1014052393.23, 1.0, 5.0],

Is it possible a dumpdb of the config.db piped to some grep/awk/sed can
generate a list of members who have bounced?

Mark T. Valites
Unix Systems Analyst
1 College Circle - 124b1 South Hall
SUNY Geneseo