[Mailman-Users] need help with a broken installation

danix danix at cloud9.net
Fri Mar 15 16:21:58 CET 2002

I'm running mailman on a Sun, under solaris 2.6.
A few factors have my system broken at the moment:

- switched from sendmail to postfix
- some services mysteriously no longer work at boot time
- mailman is having issues

The switch to postfix was done some time ago, but I'm not sure if I had rebooted
since then.  The boot time problem is weird, making me suspect a hack, but
I'm not sure.

I did have things running OK last night, but around 1:30am mail stopped flowing
through mailman and has not come back since.

Besides a shoulder to cry (sleep?) on, I need to know:

1) When you install mailman with a postfix system, do you have to give
mailman the --userXXX=postfix flag to configure or not?

2) Do the files in ~mailman/scripts need to be executable?  I've run the
check permissions script a couple of times with no reported errors, but
my archives are so large this takes forever.

I know a couple of the lead developers are on IM - if you would send me private
email with your screenname I'd appreciate the chance to debug in real time with
you.

Thanks!