[Mailman-Users] AOL people in mail list

Jon Carnes jonc at haht.com
Thu Mar 14 23:37:22 CET 2002

Sheer speculation and hearsay, but AOL may be doing their best to eliminate
the spam that clogs their networks.  Thus, they could be limiting the number
of AOL users that you can have in the envelope of the message.  Three would
be a bit low, but... To test this bit of hearsay, you can toggle a few bits
on your server.

Edit ~mailman/Mailman/mm_cft.py  and set:
# Ceiling on the number of recipients that can be specified in a single SMTP
# transaction.  Set to 0 to submit the entire recipient list in one
# transaction.  Only used with the SMTPDirect DELIVERY_MODULE.
#SMTP_MAX_RCPTS = 500
SMTP_MAX_RCPTS = 1

Then send a test and see what precipitates!

Jon Carnes