[Mailman-Users] Question

Jon Carnes jonc at haht.com
Thu Mar 14 22:28:50 CET 2002

You could certainly automate much of this.  I wrote a vacation app that does
basically what you are asking.  It lets you input a starting date and an
ending date and the users email address.  From there the app turns off all
their mailing list mail on the starting date, and then back on at the ending
date.  It would be a POC to reverse that (turn on... then off), and to
integrate it with a database that has financial info indicating length of
service (termination date), based on the amount they have paid.

You could also automate alerts for near end of term, to warn folks that they
only have one more month, one more week till they lose the service.

The key here is that Mailman is Open Source.  The code is yours to do with
as you will.

Jon Carnes