[Mailman-Users] Re: [Mailman-Developers] Feedback needed: nodupes patch and reply-to munging per user

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Thu Mar 14 21:32:58 CET 2002

On Wed, Mar 13, 2002 at 04:37:41PM -0800, Marc MERLIN wrote:
> Also, my patch lets you set a policy decision server-wide or list-wide to
> not allow users to set reply-to munging for their own list copies

Good.  *This* is what I want to see: configurable stripping.

:-)

In general, Barry, this is the way that I like to see parameterization
done in this sort of environment: per-user switches, with a list-wide
override (in *either* direction)... in *addition* to a configurable
new-user default.

Lack of flexibility on this point is the *biggest* achilles heel I see
in application design.

Cheers,
-- jra
Tampa Bay, Florida        http://baylink.pitas.com             +1 727 647 1274

   "If you don't have a dream; how're you gonna have a dream come true?"
     -- Captain Sensible, The Damned (from South Pacific's "Happy Talk")