[Mailman-Users] Newbie with error...

Jorge Biquez jbiquez at icsmx.com
Thu Mar 14 01:05:02 CET 2002

Hello all.

I'm sure this has been asked before...looked on the archives, found some
tips but the problem is still here....

I installed, following all the steps I guess.... on two different machines
and in both I'm making the same mistake.... after creating a list with
bin/newlist when a user send an email I received the answer:

	550 5.1.1 <prueba8 at pruebas.validomain.com>... User unknown

I have configured in two systems. One a freebds 4.5 stable using sendmail
and the other a Linux Mandrake 8.1 using postfix. All both equipments do
the same... I can see the administrative webpages, change parameters and
everything.
I read on the archives that I need to be sure that aliases is corrected
written and updated with "newaliases"

Do I have to create a user each time I create a list (in this case prueba8 ) ?

Thanks in advance for all your help and I'm sorry if this question sound
stupid....maybe it is..... ;)

JB