[Mailman-Users] Re: Feedback needed: nodupes patch and reply-to munging per user

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui at plaidworks.com
Tue Mar 12 00:33:33 CET 2002

On 3/11/02 12:54 PM, "Fil" <fil at rezo.net> wrote:

> If I want to remove duplicates, there's a three line procmail recipe that
> does it perfectly (I'm told).

If you have procmail. But this is a great example of why user-defined
preferences are a great idea. There are people on this list that if we put
you and them in a room together, only one of you would come out alive,
becaues they feel just as strongly that the opposite should be true.

> Lots of trouble for something only "hackers" might want - and hackers have
> procmail.

Sorry, not true at all. Regular people feel that way, too. And there's  no
procmail for most of them.

That's why these things constantly come up as fights on lists all over the
place, including here. There IS no acknowledged "right" answer, but both
sides feel there is, and it's theirs....

--
Chuq Von Rospach, Architech
chuqui at plaidworks.com -- http://www.chuqui.com/

Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh