[Mailman-Users] postfix rejects mails from mailman

Dirk H. Schulz dirk.schulz at multibyte.de
Mon Mar 11 21:54:12 CET 2002

Hi there,

I am new to mailman and have a problem I did not find in the archives:

I set up mailman and the tests worked (check_perms etc.). When I set up my
first list (a list for test purposes), the inital email to the list admin
is rejected by postfix, my MTA.

This is the transcript of the session:

  Out: 250-multihost.riesenkalender.de
  Out: 250-PIPELINING
  Out: 250-SIZE 1024000000
  Out: 250-VRFY
  Out: 250-ETRN
  Out: 250-XVERP
  Out: 250 8BITMIME
  In:  mail FROM:<testlisteriesenkalender-admin at multihost.riesenkalender.de>
      size=2510
  Out: 250 Ok
  In:  rcpt TO:<dirk.schulz at multibyte.de>
  Out: 554 <dirk.schulz at multibyte.de>: Recipient address rejected: Relay access
      denied
  In:  rset

I do not understand why the recipient address is rejected: This adress mail
is relayed to very often a day. From different accounts. So I think it is
not a postfix problem, but must have to something with mailman.

If there is anybody out there who can help: many thanks in advance.

Dirk