[Mailman-Users] News to Mail gateway setup

Jon Carnes jonc at haht.com
Mon Mar 11 16:23:55 CET 2002

I can't think of a simple way for this, but here are two options:

Use a separate program to gate the news into the mailing list, and have the
program use a specific user as the sender (or actually the forwarder of the
message).  This is they way I currently do it at one of the sites I admin.

Modify the Source Code so that the News-to-Mail gateway adds a special
header to signify approval - then modify the approval module to look for
that special header (then strip it out) and auto-approve the message.
Sounds hard, but in reality we're talking about 4 lines of inserted code
here.

Good Luck - Jon Carnes