[Mailman-Users] Re: Majordomo-style email based commands; moderated virus check; Re: Mail merge? (Jon Carnes); mailman-users digest headers

E Howard e.howard at mra.org.uk
Wed Mar 6 10:47:27 CET 2002

I am new to Mailman, which I like on the whole, having used Majordomo, and
have been reading this mailing list (as a digest), which is really useful
(but see 3) thank you.

1. I would like email commands to do my admindb approvals. Is there any
way? Next version?

2. In a moderated list posting, how can I tell if the messages (perhaps
with an attachment or embedded content) is virus free? The only way I can
think of is to have each message sent to my address when it arrives at the
mailing list server.

3. Our private list members are people we know and converting from
Majordomo to Mailman 2.0.8 I have to keep a separate record of the name and
e-mail. Any workarounds to capture this info? I am told version 2.1 is
addressing this but I don't know how long I will have to wait

4. In _this_ mailing list each message in the digest contains ALL the
headers such as
	<mailto:mailman-users-request at python.org?subject=subscribe>
Isn't it possible to limit the headers of the individual messages within a
digest to From: Date: and Subject:? After all, we have all that at the top
of the digest.

Edward Howard