[Mailman-Users] Installation on Mac OSX

David B. O'Donnell atropos at fates.org
Wed Mar 6 05:18:18 CET 2002

On Tuesday, 05 March 2002 15:18 -0500 Michael Johnson <michael at emjay.net>
wrote:

> Then, it happened...
>
> ./configure --prefix=/Users/mailman
>
> basic configure file output leading up to...
>
> checking for mailman UID... ./configure: permission denied: conftest.py
> [1152] /usr/local/bin/python: can't open file 'conftest.py'
> cat: conftest.out: No such file or directory

Michael,

You might want to take a look at the article I wrote for AFP548.com on
installing Mailman under Mac OS X Server:
<URL:http://www.afp548.com/Articles/mail/python-mailman.html> I don't
believe there are any steps to the process that are *specific* to Mac OS X
Server, though you may need to make some adjustments if you're not also
running Postfix as your MTA. Regardless, I've had Mailman 2.0.8 running
under Mac OS X Server for several months now and serve a number of lists
from it without problem.

--
David B. O'Donnell - atropos at fates.org - www.fates.org
Help rescue cats in need: Fancy Cats Rescue Team, www.fancycats.org