[Mailman-Users] IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/home/mailman/lists/test2/config.db'

Robert Koberg rob at koberg.com
Fri Mar 1 20:00:36 CET 2002

Everything else seems to working. I can use the web interface to affect the
new lists I add, but I can't send a message to the list.
I have searched through the archives from April 2024 - January 2002 :) While
I saw a few people with the same problem. There was never a real response
other than "oh, it was in the docs." I can't infd it can someone please
point it out or help with some advice?

I have run configure with the default mail-gid and set the option
for --with-cgi-gid to use my system.

I keep getting the mail from the Cron Daemon saying:

Traceback (innermost last):
  File "/home/mailman/cron/gate_news", line 222, in ?
    main()
  File "/home/mailman/cron/gate_news", line 203, in main
    process_lists(lock)
  File "/home/mailman/cron/gate_news", line 140, in process_lists
    mlist = MailList.MailList(listname, lock=0)
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 79, in __init__
    self.Load()
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 892, in Load
    dict, e = self.__load(dbfile)
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 869, in __load
    fp = open(dbfile)
IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/home/mailman/lists/test2/config.db'

help,
-Rob