[Mailman-Users] exception in mailman 2.1a2

Justin Sheehy justin at iago.org
Fri Mar 1 22:36:17 CET 2002

My mailman installation has worked fine for months.

Today I added a new list and a number of people were subscribed to
it.  I didn't change anything at all in the basic mailman config, just
in that list.

Now, the web interface throws an exception on the "membership list"
page every time it is accessed.  The exception is appended to this
message.

Does anyone know what the problem is?

Thanks.

-Justin

Bug in Mailman version 2.1a2
We're sorry, we hit a bug!
If you would like to help us identify the problem,
please email a copy of this page to the webmaster for this site with
a description of what happened.  Thanks!

Traceback:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/mailman/scripts/driver", line 96, in run_main
    main()
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/admin.py", line 191, in main
    show_results(mlist, doc, category, category_suffix, cgidata)
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/admin.py", line 452, in show_results
    form.AddItem(show_variables(mlist, category, cgidata, doc, form))
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/admin.py", line 468, in show_variables
    return membership_options(mlist, cgidata, doc, form)
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/admin.py", line 701, in membership_options
    qs = cgi.parse_qs(os.environ['QUERY_STRING'])
  File "/usr/local/stow/Python-2.2/lib/python2.2/UserDict.py", line 14, in __getitem__
    def __getitem__(self, key): return self.data[key]
KeyError: QUERY_STRING
Python information:
Variable
Value
sys.version
2.2 (#1, Dec 28 2001, 09:54:53)
[GCC 2.96 20000306 (experimental)]
sys.executable
/usr/local/bin/python
sys.prefix
/usr/local/bin/../stow/Python-2.2
sys.exec_prefix
/usr/local/bin/../stow/Python-2.2
sys.path
/usr/local/bin/../stow/Python-2.2
sys.platform
sunos5
Environment variables:
Variable
Value
HTTP_ACCEPT
text/html, image/png, image/jpeg, image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, */*
AUTH_TYPE
Basic
HTTP_USER_AGENT
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.0; Linux) Opera 5.0  [en]
TZ
US/Eastern
HTTP_REFERER
http://www.iago.org/mailman/admin/in-the-wings/members/add
SERVER_NAME
ra
GATEWAY_INTERFACE
CGI/1.1
PYTHONPATH
/home/mailman
REMOTE_ADDR
65.202.32.10
SERVER_SOFTWARE
thttpd/2.21b 23apr2001
SCRIPT_NAME
/mailman/admin
CGI_PATTERN
mailman/**|mailman/*/*
REQUEST_METHOD
GET
HTTP_HOST
www.iago.org
PATH_TRANSLATED
/export/home/thttpd/data/in-the-wings/members/list
SERVER_PORT
80
SERVER_PROTOCOL
HTTP/1.1