[Mailman-Users] Random Mail List

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Fri Mar 1 20:58:06 CET 2002

Interesting question.  I'm sure that Mailman does a sort based on the email
addresses domainnames.  Mailman comes setup to deliver multiple members of
the same domain with one mail attachment to that domain.  The only way it can
do this is to sort by domain name before it begins to send.

You should be able to check your MTA logs to see when Mailman begins a send.
As to when it ends, that depends on the remote email servers of each
individual email user on the list.  Your MTA logs will also tell you who it
has tried to email and the result of that attempt.

My MTA of choice is sendmail, and my logs are in /var/log/maillog

Jon Carnes

 --- Original Message: Friday 01 March 2002 02:44 pm ---