[Mailman-Users] web config question

Dave Stern - Former Rocket Scientist dave at umiacs.umd.edu
Fri Jun 28 16:15:54 CEST 2002

I've installed mailman (2.0.8, I'll update once I get it working) on solaris7.
It passes the build and permission tests. The apache config file has
   Alias /mailman/ "/etc/mailman/cgi-bin/"
    ScriptAlias /mailman/ "/etc/mailman/cgi-bin/"

but when I go to http://hostname/mailman  I get a "Not Found" and the web
logs show
File does not exist: /usr/private/htdocs/mailman

I had a similar problem with something called netsaint that requires
similar configurating. I resolved it by making a link from the htdocs/netsaint
to the actual install dir. Is mailman the same way? The INSTALL docs don't
say so (and besides, where is the index.html in the cgi-bin directory)

In other words what is the first thing to run when you connect to mailman,
what are the hooks into it for apache to know to run it?

TIA

 David Stern                                            University of Maryland
                Institute for Advanced Computer Studies