[Mailman-Users] Newlist

Bob Stout rbs at snippets.org
Wed Jun 26 00:24:56 CEST 2002

On Tue, 25 Jun 2002, MOUHSSINE ABBASSI wrote:

> I am trying to create a new list on my Mailman server and I am getting a
> "command not found" when I try to execute the "newlist" command. This is
> the command I put in:
>
>             $ mailman-2.0.10/bin> newlist
>
> I am not sure if this is a rights issue on the Mailman files. I was
> logged in as root when I tried to run this command.

Although this will almost always work under DOS/Windows, it won't work
under Linux unless "." is explicitly in your path. Try instead...

             $ mailman-2.0.10/bin> ./newlist

MicroFirm: Down to the C in chips...
   Home of the SNIPPETS archives and the
   DIY Loudspeaker Driver Selection Guide (LDSG):
http://www.snippets.org/