[Mailman-Users] Digest mode bug in 2.1b2

Support Desk cprg at cprg.net
Tue Jun 25 13:51:15 CEST 2002

Many admin settings and details are here:
http://www.imsa.edu/~ckolar/mailman/mailman-administration-v2.html

For your specific question, this is not a bug, Mailman is not just
another out of the box, ready to go, software; there are many ways
to customize it, but you have failed complete your customization.

Edit your list information pages to remove those links you do not
want YOUR subscribers to use:
http://YOUR_SERVER/mailman/edithtml/YOUR_LIST
which is accessable through your admin panel, contains "options"
http://YOUR_SERVER/mailman/edithtml/YOUR_LIST/options.html
remove or <!-- comment_out --> the digest button and mime/plaintext
options rows, and any other options you have disabled.

You may wish to include a notice on list info page, and in footer or
header informing subscribers that NO digest is available, although,
some would question whether this is wise, it IS your list, to run the
way you see fit.

Although a few of your subscribers may send a help command to
the robot, and receive the command list, if you include the notice,
and they send a digest command anyway, then it's their fault for
not reading your new custonized documentation.

SD