[Mailman-Users] Annouce-only list

Doug Bishop dbishop at pobox.com
Wed Jun 19 06:55:38 CEST 2002

I posted this about a week ago and got no replies so I'm going to try again.
My host recently switched over servers and a lot of their software. What I
ended up with is the Mailman maillist software. The old maillist software
(don't know whose it was, everything was basically controlled through a
control panel similar to CPanel 4), allowed me to define a maillist as
announce-only in that anyone could subscribe but only the administrator
could post to it, so it acted more lise a newsletter.

I've not been able to determine how to do that with the tools I've been
provided with Mailman, and the host has been unresponsive for over two
weeks. I am hoping it is something that can be enabled on a site basis and
doesn't have to be initiated at the server level, since, as I said, I am
using a hosting company.

Can anyone provide insight as to whether this can be done in Mailman, and if
so, how to accomplish it?

Doug Bishop