[Mailman-Users] Trouble trying to discard spam

Douglas Bates bates at stat.wisc.edu
Fri Jun 14 01:36:17 CEST 2002

I am using mailman version 2.0.9 (Debian package 2.0.9-1) on a Debian
GNU/Linux system.

Mailman is doing a wonderful job of catching quite a bit of the spam
and virus messages sent to a mailing list that I maintain.  Mailman
sends me mail that there are administrative requests pending.  I bring
up the administrative requests page, click 'discard' for all of these
messages, then click 'Submit all data'.

At that point my browser hangs.  On occasion I have let it wait for an
entire day and still not gotten a response.

How can I diagnose why these messages are not being discarded?

Is there something else I could do to discard these messages?  I am
quite willing to run administrative programs directly or even use
python directly as in

 python -i bin/withlist listname

if I knew what to do after that.

Douglas Bates                            bates at stat.wisc.edu
Statistics Department                    608/262-2598
University of Wisconsin - Madison        http://www.stat.wisc.edu/~bates/