[Mailman-Users] Help with arch

Bob Stout rbs at snippets.org
Sat Jun 15 01:55:22 CEST 2002

OK, I tried arch to import my old procmail archives. From
/usr/lib/mailman/bin, I used...

./arch <listname> <mbox>

...where <mbox> was a local copy of one of the old archives containing
message from back in 1999. Instead of importing them correctly, it only
seemed to bloat the size of the May-2002 archive without increasing the
apparent number of messages in the detailed view. I now have a May-2002
archive of over 6 Mb with only 122 messages. Whether these are still valid
or not is debatable since arch did *something* to bloat the archive from
its original 1 Mb.

The Procmail archives appear to be in standard mbox format, appearing
identical to my Pine folders. What have I missed?!? At least my June-2002
archives appear untouched...

MicroFirm: Down to the C in chips...
   Home of the SNIPPETS archives and the
   DIY Loudspeaker Driver Selection Guide (LDSG):
http://www.snippets.org/