[Mailman-Users] dumb newbie questions

Steve Arnold sarnold at arnolds.dhs.org
Fri Jun 14 06:54:38 CEST 2002

Howdy:

I'm a mailman newbie, and after reading the basic docs, readmes, and
FAQs, I still have some questions.  I'm running the 2.0.11 rpm on RedHat
7.1 with courier smtp, apache, and zope.  I guess the zope part is only
relevant because I had to modify the mod_rewrite rules for the mailman
cgis.  Anyway, I have it installed and running, at least partially.
Here are my current issues:

1) It looks like the mailman cron jobs did not get installed by the rpm
(at least I don't see them in any of the Redhat cron directories).  I
tried running the crontab.in, but I can't seem to become the mailman
user, so nothing gets installed.  The mailman user and group were
created by the install, though.  What can I do?

2) The server apache and mailman run on is behind an ip-masq firewall,
with the public URL on port 8080 being forwarded in to port 80 on the
the machine running mailman.  I specified the URL as:

DEFAULT_HOST_NAME ='arnolds.dhs.org'
DEFAULT_URL       = 'http://%s:8080/mailman/' % DEFAULT_HOST_NAME
MAILMAN_OWNER     = 'mailman-owner@%s' % DEFAULT_HOST_NAME