[Mailman-Users] Base URL for Mailman web interface

Richard Barrett R.Barrett at ftel.co.uk
Thu Jun 13 16:49:23 CEST 2002

At 12:32 13/06/2002 +0200, Joern Nettingsmeier wrote:
>An-Dee wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> >  As a mistake, I set a wrong path to the web interface.
> >  How can I set it correctly with command line? 'cos the web interface
> >  is not working.
>
>this happened to me, too. i don't have mailman group rights, so i had to
>ask the admin to fix it for me. what is the reason that this option
>exists at all ? i can't see what you can do with it, besides breaking
>things. i haven't checked 2.1, but i hope it's gone there....

Editing the web_page-url needs to be done carefully. Doing without the
ability to edit it (like in MM 2.1); fine until you actually need to change
it for a single list.

Anyway putting the following script in your $prefix/bin directory and using
it per directions may help your problem:

start fix-url.py ------------------------------------------------------------
# Copyright (C) 2001 by the Free Software Foundation, Inc.
#
# This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
# modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License
# as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2
# of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
#
#
# along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software
# Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place - Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307, USA.

"""Reset a list's web_page_url attribute to the default setting.

This script is intended to be run as a bin/withlist script, i.e.

% bin/withlist -l -r fix_url <mylist>
"""

from Mailman import mm_cfg
from Mailman.i18n import _