[Mailman-Users] odd admindb crashes

Jeff Berliner jeff at popmail.med.nyu.edu
Wed Jun 12 03:49:32 CEST 2002

        We've had Mailman working just fine for two years, but in the
past day we've encountered a perplexing problem.  While all other
functions continue to operate normally (mail is sent, listinfo, options
and admin scripts all work), the admindb script has begun returning an
"Internal Server Error", and logging the following in the web-server
error log:

[Tue Jun 11 21:32:35 2002] [error] [client 66.149.36.100] Premature end
of script headers: /usr/local/mailman/cgi-bin/admindb

        It also leaves a core file in the $prefix/bin directory, but
doesn't log anything in the MM log files.  Nothing has changed on the
system side.  No upgrades, no permissions appear to have been altered.
We've removed any stale locks to no avail, etc.

        We're stumped.  Any ideas?  Thanks!

                                             - Jeff

Jeff Berliner                                 jeff at popmail.med.nyu.edu
Information Technology,                       Phone: (212) 263-2051
New York University School of Medicine        Fax:   (212) 263-8542