[Mailman-Users] Cannot Modify Welcome Message

Benjamin Young benjamincyoung at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 7 21:43:45 CEST 2002

Hi all,

I'd like to leave the welcome message blank, so that the prepend text
becomes the entire message. I don't have access to the server but my host
has been trying out all the suggestions provided. It was suggested here that
the subsribeack.txt file be left blank but when this is done, the welcome
message is blank and the pre-pend text is not inserted.

I thought maybe there had to be something to prepend above, so had the admin
insert a line of text - but the welcome message now only includes that one
line, never the prepended text. Is there a command that needs to be included
in the subscribeack.txt file that would pull the pre-pend message and insert
it properly?

Has anyone else successfully modified their welcome message so that the
pre-pend text becomes the entire welcome message? My host thinks this may be
a bug in Mailman 2.0.

Thanks!
Benjamin

P.S. I apologize if this was posted twice. My email client returned an error
message the first time.