[Mailman-Users] virtual domains

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Thu Jun 6 14:19:22 CEST 2002

Mailman works great with Virtual domains with these caveats:

 - Your lists must all have different names in the root domain.  So the
virtual lists dev at tom.org, dev at dick.com, and dev at harri.edu might have the
following root names: dev-tom at my3sons.net, dev-dick at my3sons.net,
dev-harry at my3sons.net.

- You setup your MTA to handle the virtual addresses.  If your using
Sendmail, then you must use the "generics" tables to setup reverse mapping
for the email addresses (so outbound messages look like they are coming
from the virtual domain).  Note: most folks find it easier to us Postfix or
Exim instead of Sendmail when doing virtual hosting.

Take care and good luck!

Jon Carnes
===