[Mailman-Users] bizarre archiving problem

Joel Uckelman uckelman at nomic.net
Wed Jun 5 22:41:03 CEST 2002

I've been having a problem with archiving that has me puzzled:

One of my list's archives displays in each message's From header the user's
address followed by his name in parentheses. Another of my list's archives
displays the list address in the From field in place of the user's address,
again followed by his name in parentheses. What's driving me crazy is that
a dumpdb on each list's config.db shows that the lists have the *same*
settings for any attributes that seem relevant! Both have anonymous_list =
0, which is what I thought controlled address replacement, and no address
replacement shows up in the raw mboxes.

You can take a look at the text archives here:

http://lists.ellipsis.cx/pipermail/testlist/2002-June.txt
http://lists.ellipsis.cx/pipermail/eia/2002-June.txt

Where in the archiver code do such replacements take place? I found
process() function in Cleanse.py where a block that does such substitutions
is executed if
anonymous_list is true, but I don't see any place in the archiver code that
calls process().

If anyone can tell me what's going on here, please do. I'm stumped.

--
J.