[Mailman-Users] cgi-gid puzzler

Rob Dover robd at ocis.net
Mon Jun 3 20:32:10 CEST 2002

Sorry for another post on this issue but I have been through the faq and
reread the INSTALL file several times and can't seem to get past this.
I did a default install which seemed to go ok until I got the point of
testing my new test list. When I did, I got the "Mailman CGI error!!!" page
and the "Failure to exec script. WANTED gid 99, GOT gid 48.  (Reconfigure to
take 48?)" message.
OK, I tried reconfiguring with --with-cgi-gid 48. This says that gid 48
doesn't exist. Upon checking my /etc/group gid 48 is there and is assigned
to apache which is the group and user that the web server runs under. I also
tried 99, same thing.
What do I try next?
System is RH 7.2 with Apache and Sendmail. All recent rpms.
Any help appreciated.
-Rob-

-
Rob and Christine