[Mailman-Users] problems with email

Becky Strathdee becky at strathdee.org
Wed Jul 31 21:31:19 CEST 2002

I have created a list called "test" and added 3 email accounts.  From the
web interface which appears to be working great, when I setup the 3
accounts, Mailman sent the welcome email to all 3 of the email accounts.

However, when I try to send an email to "test at praiseassembly.org", I get the
email back with the following error message.

<test at praiseassembly.org>
    (reason: 550 5.1.1 <test at praiseassembly.org>... User unknown)

... while talking to mail.praiseassembly.org.:
>>> RCPT To:<test at praiseassembly.org>
<<< 550 5.1.1 <test at praiseassembly.org>... User unknown
550 5.1.1 <test at praiseassembly.org>... User unknown

I checked the aliases and virtualalias files and cannot find any place where
MailMan created the mail alias when it created the list.

Any ideas you have would be most helpful.