[Mailman-Users] Reverse DNS

Dave Klingler davek at mail.commercedata.com
Wed Jul 31 23:52:45 CEST 2002

Hi Paul.

Note that these instructions require you to have your own DNS.  If you don't
you'll have to get your upstream ISP to make these changes to their reverse
DNS host lookup database.

Contact your upstream ISP and ask them to delegate authority for your domain
to your primary DNS.  Then set up a reverse DNS host lookup file for your
own DNS, if you haven't already done so.

To test it, get into nslookup and type an IP address on your network.  You
should get the host name associated with that IP address back.  For instance:

$ nslookup
Default Server:  iath.commercedata.com
Address:  208.248.173.1

> 208.248.173.32