[Mailman-Users] forwarded message from Woodie Sayles

Bob Weissman rlw at rlw.best.vwh.net
Mon Jul 29 18:32:15 CEST 2002

At 08:54 AM 7/29/02, Woodie Sayles wrote:
>I have list members who have subscribed as theirname at abc.edu, but when they
>send an email out, it goes out under the name theirname at mail.abc.edu. We
>can't subscribe every member under two emails, so I'm wondering if the Alias
>Names will work for this situation. If so, how? Or, if anyone has any other
>suggestions on this, I would appreciate hearing them.

Isn't this exactly what SMART_ADDRESS_MATCH is for?

        # When true, Mailman will consider user at host.domain to be the same address as
        # user at domain.  If set to 0, Mailman will consider user at host.domain to be the
        # same address as user at Host.DoMain, but different than user at domain.  Usernames
        # will always be case preserved, and host parts of addresses will all be
        # lowercased.
        SMART_ADDRESS_MATCH = 1

- Bob