[Mailman-Users] HTdig intergration pb

Richard Barrett R.Barrett at ftel.co.uk
Mon Jul 29 12:50:37 CEST 2002

At 12:13 29/07/2002 +0300, Odhiambo Washington wrote:
>Maybe someone who has successfully intergrated HTDig and Mailman can help me.
>
>I've been trying to get this to work but problems keep creeping in.
>I've followed the INSTALL.htdig-mm (almost to the letter) but I do feel
>I am not quite correct in the setting that I have and so I get errors
>like this:
>

>htdig: Unable to find configuration file
>'/usr/local/mailman/archives/private/elections-2002/htdig/elections-2002.conf'
>htmerge: Unable to find configuration file
>'/usr/local/mailman/archives/private/elections-2002/htdig/elections-2002.conf'

You do not say but I assume this output is generated when
$prefix/cron/nightly_htdig is run and in turns runs the htdig rundig script?

Does this file exist?

The path looks plausible from what you say below. These per list htdig
config files are created when the _first_ message is posted after/when the
list has archiving enabled and the mailman-htdig patches are installed.

Is there any evidence in the Mailman logs of problems for Mailman writing
these htdig config files?

Just one thought about the location of the Mailman archives directory under
/usr/local/mailman. Does the mailman user and group have write permission
for /usr/local/mailman/archives and all its subdirectories.

When the per list htdig config is created, it is created in
.../archives/private/<listname>/htdig/<listname>.conf and a symbolic link
to that file is created as .../archives/htdig/<listname>.conf.

htsearch programs reach the config file via that symbolic link and the link
named per the HTDIG_MAILMAN_LINK value.

In your case it looks like you will have created a symbolic link
/usr/local/etc/htdig/htdig-mailman pointing to
/usr/local/mailman/archives/htdig

In your case, htsearch programs will be trying to access
/usr/local/mailman/archives/private/<listname>/htdig/<listname>.conf via
the path /usr/local/etc/htdig/htdig-mailman/<listname>.conf

Let me know if this info helps you find a solution.