[Mailman-Users] Mailman don't send subscription confirmation email

Support support at iquest.ucsb.edu
Wed Jul 24 01:39:10 CEST 2002

Ive been having trouble with that also, among other things.

when you create a list via $prefix/bin/newlist

it runs you thru a little questionaire.  what is the list's name, who is the
admin?....

it then tells you to add this the your /etc/aliases file.

## Created: 18-Jul-2002 mailman
test:                   "|/home/mailman/mail/wrapper post test"
test-admin:             "|/home/mailman/mail/wrapper mailowner test"
test-request:           "|/home/mailman/mail/wrapper mailcmd test"
test-owner:             test-admin

make sure you have this, and you have a symlink in
/etc/smrsh/wrapper -> $prefix/mail/wrapper (this hint is in the docs
somewhere)
you can add the wrapper with this command

shell> ln -s $prefix/mail/wrapper wrapper

---My problem is I get the confirmation message. I reply to it but don't get
added to the list????

anyone know why.

thanx