[Mailman-Users] Mailman 2.1b2: wrong admin & archives URL

bronto bronto at csd-bes.net
Thu Jul 18 23:04:33 CEST 2002

OK, something's flaky here; I'm not sure wether it's me or mailman.
I was certain earlier yesterday that it was switching domains on me
in administration and archives; now it's only doing it in archives.

At this point in time, it does appear that each list knows to which
domain it belongs.  I looked in the files you referenced below and
only found an entry for the 'default' domain, and it is correct.
Trying to determine where this stuff is saved, I created a new list
to see which files were being updated.  Maybe just doing that
straightened out the admin domain problem?

In any case, there still remains a problem with archives; every one
of my lists points to a URL for archives at wrongdomain.com.  Each
list properly points to the correct domain in the "Host name this
list prefers for email." field, if that makes a difference.  I think
this must be a bug, or a programming oversight.

Also, I seemed to have accidentally discovered that you cannot create
list names with spaces in them.  This is somewhat intuitive, but the
create script should block this from happening.

If anyone has other ideas about the archives URL, let me know.

Rob