[Mailman-Users] Error: Child process of list_transport transport returned 2 .......

Michael Gillis GILLISME at gov.ns.ca
Thu Jul 18 22:09:39 CEST 2002

First off, apologies for posting this if this is a common problem - I could find no simple way of searching the archives. If there is a simple way could someone let mw know? Thanks.

Now, on with the problem....

I have just set up mailman 2.0.12 on a rs6000 box using Exim as the MTA. I have followed the README.EXIM and it (Exim)
looks to be OK as the 3 configuration tests at the end of the README.EXIM all behave as expected. I have a 'test' list set up and can go in as the admin and add, remove, etc. via the web, so for the most part it looks to be working.

But, when a subscriber sends a message they get this back :

>        This message was created automatically by mail delivery software (Exim).
>
>        A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
>        recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:
>
>          test at nshpl.library.ns.ca
>            Child process of list_transport transport returned 2 from command:
>            /home/mailman/mail/wrapper

Any ideas? I know you need to be careful with UIDs and GIDs - did I mess that part up?

Many thanks,

Michael.

                    Michael Gillis
    NcompasS System Administrator