[Mailman-Users] Resource Usage

Daniel Gardner daniel at danielgardner.org
Tue Jul 16 15:11:28 CEST 2002

Hi,

  I've just started using mailman, and it's not performing
  quite how I'd expect.

  qrunner is using around 140mb of ram to process messages,
  and taking about 20 minutes of CPU time. I'm not sure
  exactly what processor is in the box, but something like
  an 800mhz zeon.

  These numbers seem a little excessive to me.

  It's a bit hard to tell exactly which circumstances cause
  this to happen, but at the moment it's trying to do a
  500kb message to 217 people. I've also seen this behavior
  with smaller messages to one person today.

  When mailman passes the message to exim, the smtp log says
  that it took less than half a second.

  Has anyone seen anything like this before? It doesn't seem
  right that it should take so long to send each message...

  FreeBSD 4.5-RELEASE, Mailman 2.0.8, Python 2.2, Exim 3.34

--
Best regards,
Daniel