[Mailman-Users] Re: Subscribe/Un-Subscribe via e-mail, not web

Bill Horne bill at horne.net
Thu Jul 11 21:05:52 CEST 2002

Subject: Re: [Mailman-Users] Subscribe/Un-Subscribe via e-mail, not web
From: Detlef Neubauer <detlef.neubauer at charite.de>

>Gerry Doyon <gpdoyon at maine.rr.com> writes:

>> Detlef Neubauer <detlef.neubauer at charite.de> wrote:
>>
>> | <a
>> | href="mailto:listname-request at domain.tld?subject=subscribe;body=sub
>> | scribe">
>>
>> The "subscribe" e-mail works great! But, passing "unsubcribe" or
>> "un-subscribe" is not recognized.

>For unsubscribe a password will needed.

>> Do you have an idea as to how I can accomplish this?

><a
href="mailto:listname-request at domain.tld?subject=unsubscribe;body=unsubscrib
e%20replace%20this%20with%20your%20password">Replace the string "replace
this with your password" with your password</a>

>Not tested.

ITYM 'Click <A
HREF="mailto:listname-request at domain.tld?subject=unsubscribe%20type_your_pas
sword_here&Body=end">HERE</A> to unsubscribe via email:
be sure to enter your password at the obvious place in the Subject line
before sending.'

HTH.

Bill