[Mailman-Users] Wrapper woes

Ryan Hammond ryanwhammond2 at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 9 12:31:59 CEST 2002

Ok, it took a good bit of tinkering, but I managed to get exim and mailman
installed and working... almost. So far, everything works up untill I try to
join a list. I get the email to verify, I reply, but then "Mail Delivery
System" from my server computer sends me an email saying...

  testlist-request@(edited)
    Child process of list_request_transport transport returned 2 from
command:
    /var/lib/mailman/mail/wrapper

I would assume my wrapper is broken. Thats the right path, for the mailman
that I installed through Debian's "apt".
Earlier, I attempted to manually install it, but that failed with a
different problem. The director/transport thingies weren't catching
incomming email right, and I was getting a bounce on non-real addys. I've
got the same exim config for both, the only difference is the path I point
to for the MAILMAN_HOME variable. Also, both installs are still there, but
only one is linked to operate in the exim config. Will it still matter if
there's another? What does it mean that the wrapper returned 2? Help please?
Thanky. ^.^;;